Monday, 5 March 2007

My Lost Love Letter


Life is amusing. I thought about this letter that I wrote about 4yrs ago to Kay eN U that I never sent and figured that I threw it away.

I was leaving my parents’ place in Lagos to go back to my HELL HOLE (OTA), and the strap of my bag gave way, so I decided to take some UGLY bag I dislike. I opened the bag and the inner zip to make sure I was taking something I didn’t need, lo and behold the letter that I thought I had torn and thrown away.

I bought the stationary years ago in a shop in Unilag because it was Lilac and had matching envelopes and used it to send letters (I am old fashioned, I like writing). I used the last 3 pages and the last Envelope to write the letter. I never addressed it because I figured that I would see him and give it to him, I didn’t (which is why I obviously still have the letter).

I even wrote what time I began writing 9:37p.m and I wrote till 10:17p.m.

I feel quite bad, I read the letter and I cried. My feelings were too intense for my age. He was young as well, so I forgive myself and him for all the mistakes and wrong decisions that we took during our relationship.

I will send him the letter today. I will send it to his office and I will send him an sms to tell him that I sent him a letter. I just looked at my wallet. It is a wallet I bought for him when I went to TOGO for a holiday. I attended the ECOWAS trade fair and I bought it from the MALI stand. Camel leather. It cost good money, but he is worth much more.

Well, whatever. I will run and buy stamps and a new envelope and put in my letter and post it today.

I wrote this at the end of my letter to Kay eN U,
“it makes you feel good when someone tells
you they love you, but they feel worse when
you don’t tell them if you do.”


I wonder if he ever reads my blog….
I wonder if he ever thinks about me in a positive way…
I wonder if I will actually ever meet anyone who I will love as much…
I wonder.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you sending him the letter? What do you hope to acheive?

Let go and let him let go too. From what I have been reading, YOU are the one holding yourself back. And only YOu can release yourself. LET GO!

Jayn Sean said...

Eish!...feels bad..i'm trying to make out a picture of how you feel when writting this...be strong hey?

Stuck in my throat said...

dear concerned,
i agree..
jaybabe,
i was un moved