Thursday, 13 September 2007

Ghana

Na wa for being jobless. I am getting unhappy with just sitting at home. I know it is crazy to be so optimistic, I feel like I will soon be too busy to think and to be honest, that I s how busy I want to be. I need to escape from my crazy thoughts.

To the more exciting news.Adaure and I took a crazy spontaneous road trip to Ghana. It was a good bonding period for both of us. I will let you read the story on her blog because she has by far a more photographic mind, and as a journalist, she likes to write.

I needed the trip. To clear my head. It was exhilarating. I was so ashamed of the look of my country. We went to a buka, it was so bloody clean, not like naija bukas…the gutters were clean, the markets sane and the people receptive.

Nigerians are receptive o, don’t get me wrong. The problem we have is lack of cleanliness and honesty. We did the tourist thing and took a lot of pictures. We went clubbing once to Cinderellas, and Aphrodisiac on the night we arrived. Then we went to the Kwame Nkrumah museum (I doubt if there is any Head of state in Nigeria we will do what they have done for him).

All in all, we had fun…we met some nice Nigerians and they were very nice and friendly and fun to be around.

P.S. was waiting for her to write a post, will put up a link when she finally does.
kwame Nkrumah's Grave
The museum(they have the mirror he used in university{crazy})
Fathia Nkrumah's grave
Adaure and I with the woman who cooked the Banku(Fermented corn and cassava) we ate, it is like nri oka, just fermented.
Addy giving a thumbs up for the meal
NAIJA BORDER
Benin-Togo Border
Stuck holding a mask
Ghana's independence Square
Kwame Nkrumah's Statue

7 comments:

bighead said...

ah ah!? you put the kain pic on the blog instead. the one you meant for your friend's cd abi mag.

And you showed the neater 'buka' pic. Why didn't you show the not-so-neat ones so we can come to personal conclusions about which country is neater

Stuck in my throat said...

ISI OKPUKPU: the country is clean, so no need need for you to hate.And what cd/mag are you talking about.

bighead said...

who are you calling isi okpukpu? a whole nna ochei like me. the whole country can't be clean jare. If someone went only to Abj in naija, the person might leave with similar delusions.

Unknown said...

oooweeeeeeeeeeeee....
just ignore me that is my new expression, i really don't know where i got it from.

I am glad that you had a blast....

:-)

lol, big head na wetin be your own abegi...if you have pictures of dirty places....put it on your blog...stop harrasing ppl na wetin

Ejura said...

Yeah Ghana is clean. I had fun too when I visited the country. The drivers are so patient they even slow down for you to cross the road! I did visit aphrodisiac too. And there's this cool place called Osu where the Woodin shop is located.I just had to get me some of those clothes.
I tried the banku and kenke but didn't enjoy em much. Plus they prepare their eba with salt!
Congrats on your POP. I wish you a swell job i.e if you don't have one already. Nice pics.
Ciao!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Stuck, youre having fun o. I really envy you o jare. Have all the fun you can now 'cos when you start work, norring for you o. Dont worry, you'll soon be working sooner that you think so keep being optimistic.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

nice pics and I am glad you enjoyed your trip. I went to Accra, years ago and was amazed by the beauty of many places outside the capital.

Next time you want to travel within West Africa, may I recommend Abidjan (beautiful city)...