I am angry with the way we allow society to make stupid choices for us
especially when we know exactly what we want.
I want to go for the Calabar carnival,but my mother feels that society
will say as a single woman I travel too much.Sadly,it'd matter if I
gave a damn about society and their opinion.
I have married friends,some female,some male.My mother believes that I
can never be friends with a man if his wife hasn't approved me.As if
that would stop a man from cheating if he wants to.As if he'll bring
his mistress to his wife to approve.
--
Sent from my mobile device
"Hope" is the thing with feathers-that perches in the soul and sings
the tune without words- and never stops- at all.
Emily Dickinson.
7 comments:
Ouch! ...'tis hot in here.
Compliments of the season.
please dont angry o!
Annoyin the way our moms think ainnit?
daI always wonder who makes all these rules, If you ask me it's just backward mentality of our society.
Be easy girl.
lol....
Reminds me of so many things my mum wouldn't let me do cos I was single..
Funny enough I now live alone but still dont seem to do any of them....
Don't be angry...it seems society deems singledum as doom!!! Not sure why...
Just do your thing girl and seasons greetings xx
The society will not run your life. Yet, I dare say there's always some wisdom on the lips of our mothers too.
But u still took off to Calabar....
Post a Comment