
I went out with a couple of friends of mine on Friday night.
I had a great time; nothing does it for me like great music and good company.
I had a swell time.
I went back on Saturday to meet my friend there for a drink. I took a cab from my sister's house in Ikoyi, when I got to the bar, I instructed the Cab Driver (the man looked like he was knocking 80 years o) to let me alight there. Then a valet comes and this conversation ensues
Valet: U no fit park here
Stuck: Why?
Valet: Dem talk say make we no gre make pesin park here
Stuck: I am going into the bar
Valet: E no consin me..abeg commot
(at this point, the mugu is blocking the door so i cant open it)
Cab Driver: My daughter let me move forward
As the Driver moves, the Valet under his breath mutters "FUCKER". My brain sparks. I pay the cab driver calmly and start to walk back.
As I walk back, the guy is still there looking at me and eyeing me.
Meanwhile, my "date" is seating in his car, talking on his phone.
Stuck: Who did you call a "FUCKER"
Valet: (rudely)wetin?
Stuck: You just called me a Fucker
Valet: Abeg, you wan park I no gre na why you dey shout?
Stuck: You called me a fucker. How dare you call me a FUCKER? I don’t blame you; I blame the girls who come here to belittle themselves in front of idiots like you.
Valet: Na you sabi, abeg comot.
Stuck: How dare you? (as my anger soars, I jack the fool…I know I know…I can be a tout. It is what you get when you have too many men around you).
At this point, one of the bouncers has come out to see what the commotion is about, and recognizes me.
Bouncer: Ah! Madam, sorry o…wetin dey happen
Stuck: This idiot just called me a FUCKER and had the effrontery to be rude…
(For some reason, my English is Flawless when I am angry, Pidgin no dey gre flow).
My date comes out of his car and is shocked to see me in this position.
Nkrumah: What’s wrong?
Stuck: Imagine o, this idiot just called me a fucker.
Nkrumah: WHAT! (He pulls me away and into the car till I calm down).
Fastforward a few minutes and we are walking into the bar…
Valet: Sorry Ma
Bouncer: Sorry Ma
Waiters/Waitresses: Sorry Ma
Stuck: (no answer)
Nkrumah: Please ask Mr K (the Bar owner) that I need to see him right away. We walk in and get a table and a waitress who had served us the previous night comes up to the table.
Waitress: Good Evening sir, Good Evening Ma, Thank you for yesterday o (you know Yoruba people can say thank you for ten years for something). Aunty, Abeg no vex, na the fault of all these young girls wey dey here dey sell their body, abeg no vex.
I like this girl, when we walked into the Bar on Friday, she appealed to me. Unlike the other Waitresses who size up the customers, she runs around…needless to say, Nkrumah is a hell of a good tipper; the Valet just didn’t know I was his date.
Mr. K comes and he and Nkrumah exchange pleasantries.
Mr. K: Hello Madam, how are you?
Stuck: (I look at Nkrumah)
Nkrumah: Weren’t you told that one of you employees just called Stuck a Fucker?
Mr. K: (feigning disbelief) no o, how can? (Turns and says to a waiter in rapid Yoruba to call the Valet).
Valet: (Prostrates as he reaches our table)
Stuck: Please, I don’t want him here. I don’t want his apologies.
Mr. K: Haba Madam! Please let us apologise in fact I will serve you anything you want,on the house (I should ve asked for Moet).
Stuck: You don’t seem to understand that the fault is yours, Mr. K and not his. You let prostitutes hang out in your bar and hence any woman who walks in is treated as such…
Mr. K: No o, I don’t let prostitutes in o…they come and there is no way of stopping them…
Stuck: Really, so you would rather risk the chance of losing your customers?
Mr. K: I would rather sack the Valet.
Stuck: Why?
Mr. K: he caused all this.
Stuck: He didn’t. You did by letting prostitutes in here.
Stuck: (to Nkrumah) Let’s go. (He gets his keys and shakes Mr. K)
I walk out and I didn’t look back. Nkrumah just called me and said Mr. K fired the Valet.
I don’t blame the Valet, I blame women for belittling themselves. There is no excuse for prostitution…None at all.
22 comments:
hmmmm.....
Well, i am glad that you did not beat up the valet....
LOL!!
pammy
PS: Prostitution is so complex!!! I wish it were as easy as most try to make it seem.
"English is Flawless when I am angry" - lol. Poor service....lack of professionalism. Valets, doormen whatever you want to call them should have manners. I must say I found the dialogue between N, yourself and the owner (and the outcome)pretty interesting..
Lol.imagine the valet,who taught him that word,he has been watching to many films and that was the only word he picked up.He is so stupid.
LMAO at you jacking the Valet
on one side, damn that valet needed some serious ass whoppin,using degradin words like that. feel you girl, my queens English always surfaces when i am mad as hell.
on the other side...you just got a guy earnin low wage salary fired, who is frustrated with his life right now, who am sure he has kids, or is supporting someone somewhere financially, furthermore, he most likely wont get a job like this again, becos he cant get a referral.
there are always to sides to every story..
WOW! UR 2MUCH,LOL! NICE1 DOE U TOLD THEM
Pam: I was just upset.
Ababoypart2: E no dey do you?if i vex, the pidgin no dey gre at all.
Classy babe: he along with half of the men in 9ja stop the insult at ASHEWO or something.
Toyintomato:I know and I am not happy that he lost his job, yet, I know he will watch his mouth before it runs again.
Cheeterah:I do wish i didnt lose my temper.
dts prolly how i wuda reacted too, eyah... Can't wait 2 be president of 9ja, All the prostitutes will go 2 Charm School
2nd: Charm school? that is a first.
Oh dear, poor valet. He would ahve just been reprimanded and maybe suspended but not sacked. Probably went home that night crying to a family of 7 and a wife he had left behind to work, living in one shack like that somewhere in Oshodi or Mushin.
What he did was BAD, as in disgusting, but i'm always a proponent of giving someone a second chance.
Well, alls well that ends well, innit? It should however serve as a deterrant to others who are likely to do same.
1one
i second that you should have been careful with the valet. the last thing you want is for someone to be at a disdvantage because of your anger. Granted, he was disrespectful and most likely, u were not d 1st.
However, in most cases, when u dig deeper, u might find that he acts that way as a result of the instructions he has received from his boss; someone who will not fess up and replace the poor guy for exposing him in a sticky situation such as yours...
LOL, you're a drama queen sha. That valet had no right to talk that way, even to a prostitute, what happened to good customer service. I hope he's learnt a valuable lesson, oga. Aww you're yellow like my momma eh. I know Ota well, where the Bells secondary school is abi?
"effrontery"
lmao.. ok that ish was funny
i've heard that Prostitution is actually the worlds oldest occupation...
the way i see it.. few women wake up and decide they want to be prostitutes.. MOst of them are driven to it.. Rather than focusing on the act of prostituting oneself.. i think we should focus on eradicating the factors that lead women to as you say " belittle themselves"
being female in nigeria can be very annoying. i was in a hotel with my husband once and had to leave early in the morning to do an errand so we wouldnt miss our flight back home. i was told to hold on at the gate but i was in a hurry, then i understood they wanted to call the room to make sure i wasnt a hooker who had probabaly robbed my customer and was trying to make good my escape. i was so pissed i actually pushed a security guy down
when i got back they were really apologetic but i guess they found out the room was in my name.
i know its the fault of the prostitutes but nothing is really black and white.
Ugo: I refuse to feel bad about it. I didn't want him to be sacked like I clearly wrote, but the boss must have had his reasons.
catwalq: I still refuse to feel guilty.
omosewa: do u want to stalk me?I am at the university.and drama likes to follow me o.
femme: I for vex die o.
hi,
Just dropped by to let you know of a competition that is running on the african loft. Pls check it out.
For more information, check Ugo's page or my page or just go directly to:
http://www.africanloft.com
Girl,you really dealt with that valet and well,he deserved it too.
Its ok to blame the girls that hawk their bodies but that doesnt justify the guy behaving like dat.
How do you know who is a prostitute afterall its not written on anyone's forehead.
Next time he wont be sooo crass.
Btw,u be alaye o!Jacking a full grown man!!
ahh r u serious..wow if it were me i'd have just been fuming but kai u handled it well!!
GIRL POWER lolol
stupid naija nonsense sometimes
and the razz valet sef who even taught him the word..hiss
p.s yeee i like your blog well well ..yum!
LOL! You want to turn Agbero because of a yeye valet? How rude of him sha.... he's quite lucky you are not what he called you, real F*****s would have beaten him that day... lol..
lolol.. love the prostitution comic at the top btw.
Funny thing is i know a lot of "ladies", "girls", "women" whatever, belittle themselves in Naij even when they are not prostitutes. So... I blame those girls in general that make it okay for women to be treated so.
ps: I do have to say... the only other place i've heard and seen the word alight used is the tube station in London. lol. (maybe i need to broaden the variety of books i read. hehe)
Waow
What can I say?
There is no excuse for prosstitution as u have said but what do u advice this girls to do in a country where they can't get a job even when they have degrees? They have to sleep with people in higher post to get to a high post... what do u advice them to do when they come form a wretched family and there's no help anywhere?
The whole episode is sad...but what you must appreciate is that we are all products of our environment.
There are precious few people that can rise above where they are raised. Having said that, I agree with pamelastitch: prostitution is complicated (I dont subscribe to it in any way!)
As for the bar man...stuck, have you ever transferred aggression? Something may have been bugging him, you may have just been there at the 'wrong' time!...even then what he did was wrong.
lol @ your fluent english when you're mad...those it come with an accent too?
aya...i feel bad that they fired the valet sha...but he too and his big mouth!
Post a Comment