Tuesday, 13 February 2007

BULLSHIT FROM PDP


My people o,
Vex wan finish me this morning o…
I picked up a newspaper this morning, the Daily Sun (which I normally do not read because I feel it is full of sensationalism), and while flipping the pages in an extremely bored manner, I got to page 23 and I vexed from my belle…
I wish I could scan the silly joke, or rather the insult that is being meted out to me and the other indigenes of Anambra state…

There is an ad for the Yar’Adua- Goodluck campaign support team. Don’t get me wrong o, I have nothing against Yar’Adua and Goodluck o, but I have a lot against Chief Andy Uba and Dr. Chinwoke Mbadinuju (there is a typo in the ad, they called him Mbadinwu), unless he changed his name so people will forget all his transgressions against me, indigenes of Anambra and most importantly Anambra State.

Mbadinuju was governor of Anambra state (he is now the National Chairman of the Yar’Adua- Goodluck campaign support team) between the years of 1999 and 2003. That period is in my own opinion the worst tenure yet in that state. I went home for the first time in years and I wept for my people. The schools had been shut down for months because the state had not paid the teachers their salaries in a long time. How would they have? When the state government was paying off “GODFATHERS”?

I went to Anambra in 2002 for a funeral of a loved one and the distance from my home in the village to the home of my loved one is about 10 minutes, but it took us almost an hour because of the TERRIBLE roads. I might have not been so upset if I didn’t see a stupid billboard with Mbadinuju at the crossroad with the slogan “ODERA, O ME” (once he says it he will do it). Do what? Make sure than my brothers and sisters are illiterate? Or that my state will not move forward? Or perhaps because he didn’t say he would uphold education and fix the roads, and then it makes it okay that he didn’t.

I do not want to exalt Dr. Chris Ngige, but I will give Kudos to he who deserves it. My Uncle is a lecturer in that state and he told me that the state paid all their arrears when Ngige came in and that their salaries were paid on time…Civil servants liked him because he paid them. I went home and that road was fixed. My brothers and sisters were back in school.

There is terrible erosion in Nanka in Anambra state, it has led to the death of a lot of people in that area (my mother is from there), and it is “tourist” attraction of sorts because it is TERRIBLE, and to my knowledge, nothing has been done about it.

Now, Mbadinuju is running for a senatorial post in Anambra State…can you imagine my absolute vexation? How can Nigerians have such short memories? Is it our way of blocking out bad memories? I believe in once bitten, twice shy (in most things).

Now for Andy Uba. I will not say too much… he has just recently been accused of laundering money through his girlfriend in North America and he now wants to run for governorship…my prayer is that The Almighty will save us Nigerians and Anambra state indigenes from these horrid individuals. They said that Andy Uba is “anambra’s hope peace and progress”.
GOD SAVE NIGERIA.
GOD SAVE ANAMBRA STATE.

No comments: