Monday, 12 February 2007

EMANCIPATION OF NUNU



I KNOW I am not Mariah, yet I know everyone deserves to be free of certain levels of CRAP.

I am letting myself for the first time in years actually flow with a man. A man who is not a blood relative, married or who has any other impediment to make him an unlikely to date.

I have a male friend who I met ages ago…I think he is very attractive…the last time I saw him, I went with my friends to see him in his hotel room and he managed to convince us to spend the night with him. I tried to convince him to come out with us, but Dude wanted to sleep.

Something in me says I am doing the same thing all over again sha(choosing a man I might not c tomorrow with), but what the hell…He is a really steadfast Muslim and I am Christian (sometime lackadaisical)…He is from Edo and I am from Anambra and I don’t think you can get more Ibo than I am.

I know that tribalism is real in this messed up country that judges people for their ethnicity and for their religion and not for whether they are good people or not. I speak from experience here.

I know he will read this as well.

Dude, I know you stay about 662 kms (I checked, that is Port Harcourt to Ikeja), away from me, but if you want to try, I am willing to try…this means you have to call on the phone and say to me these magic words ‘I wan try if you wan try’. No English o, real pidgin…

No comments: